Ottawa Valley Dance & The Chieftains

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Movies and Videos - Awash in DVDs

Holy smokes.  I need a new DVD stand just to house my new collection of Irish videos.  Most of these will probably end up for sale on Amazon once I'm sure I've watched them enough times.  One video I *know* I won't be watching again is "The Field."  Although the acting was good and the scenery beautiful, the plot was downright depressing.  The Killinaskully comedy TV series is pretty hysterical, and the others have been helpful and informative.  Please feel free to post a comment if you have specific questions about any video in particular.  I'd be happy to give a more thorough review for you.

Discovering Ireland:  Video Visits Travel Collection

Rick Steves Ireland and Scotland (6 episodes, including Dublin, The Best of South Ireland, and The Best of West Ireland)

The Story of Ireland (BBC)

In Search of Ancient Ireland (PBS)

Celtic Voyages:  A Fascinating Journey Through Ireland (3 DVD set)

Killinaskully:  Season 1 TV Comedy Series

Man of Aran (1934 b/w drama)

Into the West (drama)

The Field (drama)

The Quiet Man (drama)

Ryan's Daughter (drama)

Out of Ireland:  The Story of Irish Emigration to America

No comments:

Post a Comment